The Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is the state’s lead agency for environmental management and stewardship of air, water and land resources. The newsroom is a source of general information about the department and its programs, as well as current hot topics of interest and recent press releases.
News media questions or interview requests should be directed to the DEP press office at 850.245.2112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Press Releases and Announcements
- Florida First Budget Will Make Florida First for Environmental Protection by Investing More than $1.5 Billion – 11/23/15
- Whiting Park Marina Receives Clean Marina Designation – 11/20/15
- The Florida Yacht Club Marina Earns – 11/19/15
- 4-H Team Shines at Marine Ecology Event – 11/18/15
- DEP Meeting Will Provide Updates on Restoration of Lakes Harney and Monroe – 11/16/15
- Restoration of Upper Ocklawaha River Basin Advances – 11/16/15
- DEP Welcomes New Director OF Water Policy – 11/16/15
- City of Cocoa Beach Awarded $1.1 Million for Continuation of Project to Help Protect Banana River Lagoon – 11/12/15
- Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserves Hosts Natural Resource Protection and Response Training for Law Enforcement – 11/10/15
- Florida State Parks Offer Free Entry on Veterans Day – 11/09/15